learn to love painting white flowers...rather than being afraid of them!
time to learn watercolor florals so you can let your skills & your designs truly flourish.
do real life flowers bring you so much joy, but thinking of painting them brings you so much anxiety?
let me take a guess...are you currently:
- Thinking, “I can barely draw a circle! I'll never be able to paint something as intricate and beautiful as a flower or bouquet!!”?
- Baffled about how to paint white flowers! Thinking, "How do I paint something that is white without it looking like just a black and white outline? I don't get it - please someone teach me!"
- Afraid to even begin painting anything because you don't know where to start? There are so many flowers - which are the easiest to begin practicing first? And how do I mix the right colors to match the real flower colors? Too hard! Ugh! I give up!
- If you are brave enough to start, you're likely over-analyzing your pieces and constantly feeling less-than satisfied. Feeling like your flowers either look like shapeless blobs ("how do I add definition to them?!"), or - spending way too much time on a single flower and it looks muddy and dark rather than light and airy like you hoped. How do you find that happy middle-ground?
- Spending countless dollars on stock art to adorn your designs, never satisfied with your purchases and wishing you could just paint something better yourself?
- Oogling over in-person workshops, but feeling defeated because there aren't any near you and there's no way you can afford the travel plus the workshop costs?
- Feeling paralyzed when you walk into the art store from all the things? Standing in the watercolor section just staring at all the supplies, then leaving empty handed because it was WAY too overwhelming!
imagine what it would be like...
to feel confident.
to let your business (or hobby!) flourish.
to excitedly gift paintings to friends and family.
to have an online community of friendly artistic peers.
to learn watercolor florals at home. with a glass of wine. on your own time.
don't think that's possible?
don't take it from me,
hear what SJM Art School students
have to say!
real student work...
you could paint like this, too!
whether this is your first time picking up a paintbrush, or you're wanting to (quite literally) brush up on your technique...
the watercolor florals course will provide you with a strong grasp on the basics of watercolor, and teach you how to take simple shapes to create petals and leaves. you'll finish the course having painted 16 unique florals and a full bouquet painting!
first things first,
what's the sjm art school?
it's an online artistic classroom for budding artists to learn artistic fundamentals & advanced techniques in a fun, yet-relaxed environment.
It's lifetime access to go-at-your-own-pace courses with an online community and step-by-step PDF worksheets and homework.
it's your next step toward becoming an artist. and a confident one at that!
here's a glimpse into what you'll learn to paint!
what will i learn in this course?
The Watercolor Florals course includes 7 core lessons that guide you through how to use your art supplies, how to create basic brushstrokes & shapes, and how to then take those basic shapes and transform them into gorgeous flowers - so you'll walk away with two beautiful watercolor floral paintings of your own!
- I'll share my absolute fave art supplies & why I love using them.
- I'll of course also share where you can grab supplies of your own (both in-person or online) so you can confidently stroll through the art store like a pro!
how to use
your art supplies
- We'll learn how to orient your paper, and how to hold your brush.
- We'll learn how much paint & water to add to your palette, how to mix them together, and how to figure out how often to dip your brush in your paint so it doesn't dry out!
basic mark making
- We're going to start by learning basic brushstrokes so you can feel comfortable with your brush - learning thin lines, thick lines, dots, and c/semi circle curves
- We'll then cover a few petal shapes, and leaf shapes!
(wet on wet, wet on dry,
& blending colors)
- Now that you feel confident using your brush and making brushstrokes - let's learn how to use a variety of painting techniques so you can create unique artistic effects throughout your watercolor florals!
- Hooray - it's time to start painting flowers!!
- We're going to begin by painting a bundle of some of my favorite flowers - ranunculus!
- We'll learn how to take our basic shapes and transform them into gorgeous recognizable flowers!
arranging florals &
course projects: watercolor
- We're going to cover composition, talking about scale & white space.
- I'll then walk you through my full floral painting process, so you know how to confidently paint a bouquet. And, you'll walk away with a bouquet painting of your own!!
white garden rose
- In this bonus lesson, we're going to delve further into white flowers and how to paint them in a soft yet lifelike manner!
- Painting white flowers can be tricky, but I'm so excited that you'll walk away confident about them!!
have i mentioned the fun bonuses?
oh yea, i'm pulling an oprah!
Did ya think you'd just get those fun 7 core video lessons? Oh no, friend - so much more!
Let's look at what fun extra goodies you'll get when you enroll in the Watercolor Florals course:
your bonuses include:
- 15 Bonus Video Lessons: So you can build the habit of painting for 3 months until it becomes a part of your routine.
- My Favorite Art Supplies Guide: So you can confidently stroll through the art store like a pro picking up your new fav goodies!
- Techniques & Tips Guide: So you can easily remember things like, "oh yea - that's the angle I need to use to create that shape!"
- Leaf Variety Guide: So you can have a printable guide of my exact brushstrokes to reference as you're adding leaves to flowers!
- Petal Variety Guide: So you can have an easy reference for the various types of petals that make up unique flowers!
- Bouquet Composition Guide: So you can confidently create an aesthetically pleasing frame-ready bouquet painting!
- Sunlight and Shading Guide: So you can best determine how to appropriately shade and highlight your florals!
- Finding Your Signature Style + Tackling Artistic Perfectionism Guides: So you can confidently stand out in a sea of other artists!
- Online Community: So you can share your progress and get feedback from your friendly artistic peers! #newbesties!
although this is an online course...
you won't have to go through it alone
I know how scary it can feel to learn a new art form on your own. And I of course want to make your learning process as fun and comfortable as possible! That's why you'll be hearing from me personally through email check-ins so I can make sure you're keeping up with your lessons & homework!
Our Facebook community is also going to be SO much fun! We'll have weekly prompts, so you can share your progress and get feedback from your friendly artistic peers!
it's time to invest in your
watercolor florals course includes:
- 3.5 hours of video lessons (in perfect bite-sized lessons!)
- fun homework from each lesson to put your skills to use,
plus a bouquet painting course project so you can then
show off your new artistic talent to loved ones!
- 15 additional bonus video lessons with practice prompts
so you can confidently continue your watercolor journey
- 8 ah-mazing bonus PDFs & guides so you can complement
your video lesson education with written content
(because i know each student learns differently!)
- a facebook group of likeminded artist friends so you can
have a supportive community & share your progress!
- surprise bonuses (i don't want to give everything away!)
yesss, i want to become an artist now!
enroll for $147
get the sjm art school semester bundle.
I know, I know - too good to be true? Can you really get this course for free? Yup. I know investing in your artistic education is a huge deal! So if you're ready to sign up for all four courses at once, I want to give you a fun treat.
Rather than paying the full price for the four courses
($117 + $147 + $147 + $397 = $808)
I'm offering the semester as a bundle for just $657!!!
that's $151 in savings. aka, this class = free!
enroll in the full semester for $657
NEED A PAYMENT PLAN? FRIEND, I'VE GOTCHA.
Investing in the entire SJM Art School Semester is a big exciting leap - even if you are getting this Watercolor Florals course for free! If you need a little friendly help, I'm here for you.
Rather than paying $657 upfront, you can begin all four courses of the SJM Art School for just $157!
payment plan = 5 monthly payments of $157
yes, for all 4 courses!
begin the full semester for just $157
new extended payment plan option!!!
Today through September 5 at 11:59pm EST, I'm extending a new payment plan option for y'all to make enrolling in these four core courses even more accessible! Because I don't want money to be the thing that holds you back from your education, friend!!
Rather than paying $657 upfront, you can begin all four courses of the SJM Art School for just $67!
extended payment plan = 12 monthly payments of $67
yes, still for all 4 courses!
begin the full semester for just $67
An investment you can feel good about.
a portion of all courses will be donated to uga miracle! (click here to learn more)
my sister is a uga student, and is passionately involved in this organization, striving to help as many kids as possible.
it's her goal to raise $3,000 to donate, and i know we can help her reach it and bless the lives of so many children!
last year we raised: over $500
for the uga miracle - for the kids!!
and $2,000 for hurricane harvey!
your enrollment makes a difference.
give the gift of art
Is there any gift better than the gift of education? I don't think so!
If you're still looking for the perfect holiday gift for your artistic friend, gifting them with a gift card to one the watercolor florals course will surely grant you the best-gift-of-the-year award!
Gift cards are available for all four courses individually, along with the full Semester Bundle!
I've got answers!
- When will I get access to the course content? All of the core lessons will be available as soon as you sign up! All 15 bonus videos are also already available for you to watch and practice, and I will send you a weekly email each Friday during our bonus series to walk alongside you during your continued education.
- Do I have lifetime access to the class? Yes, of course! You have lifetime access to this class (and any of the SJM Art School classes you enroll in) - plus you'll get lifetime updates to the classes if I change anything!
- What if I've LITERALLY never held a paintbrush?! Friend, that's okay!! While this is an intermediate course packed with awesome content - everything is broken down and simplified to ensure you understand all the concepts! You'll learn the basics of using your supplies, the foundations of how to create key brushstrokes and shapes, and common painting techniques before diving into florals - so you'll be perfectly set up for success!
- What if I've been practicing watercolor for years? Do I have to take the Intro to Watercolor course before taking this course? Nope! I love recommending the Intro to Watercolor course to give you a beautiful understanding of our artistic medium. However, if you are super confident in your watercolor basics - feel free to just enroll in this course! Our review of watercolor supplies, brushstrokes, and techniques taught in the early lessons of this course will still provide you with a wonderful warm-up before we dive into the florals!
- Do I have to have a business to take this course? Gosh, no! This course is great for teaching you the foundations of watercolor florals - whether you do want to build a watercolor business, or you're just looking for an extra creative outlet to come home to and enjoy after a long day at work!
- How long will it take me to complete the course? The course lessons in total are 205 minutes (about 3 and half hours!). However, I recommend watching each lesson as many times as it takes for you to feel comfortable and confident in that new skill, before rushing onto the next lesson!
- Do I have to live in the USA to be a student? Nope! We have lots of amazing international students - from Australia, England, Canada, and more! That's the perk of online courses :)
- Do you offer any refunds? Yup! If you take the course within 30 days of enrolling, practice each lesson and show me your homework - and I don't see any improvement in your watercolor floral skills, I'll give you a full refund! Risk-free choice, my friend!
oh gosh, i forgot my manners!!
hey y'all, i'm jessica!
and i'll be your teacher!
I'm an artist for couples, and an educator for artists. And the best news? I'm a self-taught artist, so I know exactly what you're going through! I help budding artists like you build their creative confidence through comprehensive yet simple step-by-step classes. And I'm all about learning with a cup of coffee in the morning or a glass of wine at night!
Over the past 4 years, I've taught over 500 students through in-person watercolor workshops. I LOVE teaching in-person, but know that not everyone can travel to be in the cities where I host my workshops! Which is why I'm SO excited to bring the SJM Art School online, so you can take the classes from the comfort of your home - whether that's a hop skip and a jump away in another Texas city, or all the way in Australia!
I've built my business on watercolor & brush calligraphy. But it wasn't always that way. I started my career as an assistant to a (super super sweet!) wedding planner. While my job was visually creative, I craved the opportunity to make more with my hands. With paint. So when my (now hubby, Zack!) popped the question and asked me to move from Nashville to Knoxville, I took the leap to create a full-time business and a life I adore that's fueled by art and love. And I haven't looked back since.
So whether you're craving a job change to something more creative and hands-on, want to enhance your current creative business by adding brush calligraphy to your products or services, or simply need guidance getting started, the SJM Art School will provide you with the education, confidence, and community you deserve!
will i see you in class this semester?
want to read more about
the other 3 classes in the art school?