WELCOME, NEW FRIEND!
CURL UP IN YOUR FAVORITE CORNER OF YOUR HOME AND PRETEND LIKE I'M SITTING RIGHT NEXT TO YA. I HAVE SOMETHING FUN TO SHARE!
IT’S TIME TO STOP FEELING LIKE YOU’RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO BE AN ARTIST...
AND LEARN THE FOUNDATIONAL WATERCOLOR TECHNIQUES SO YOU CAN PROUDLY SHARE & SELL YOUR ART!
YOU PROBABLY LOVE WATERCOLOR IN ALL FORMS, BUT ARE THINKING...
"There's just no way, I'm not that confident! Who am I to think I can be a "real artist?!"
let me take a guess...are you currently:
- Wanting to learn how to use watercolors like watercolors - learning the correct techniques rather than treating this artistic medium like painting with acrylics (Wait...how much water do I need to add to the paint? Why does my brush keep getting dry?!)
- Wishing you could supplement your current design work with your own calligraphy, rather than all the super popular fonts that everyone else is already using. You want to stand out!
- Baffled about how to paint white flowers! Thinking, "How do I paint something that is white without it looking like just a black and white outline? I don't get it - please someone teach me!"
- Hand painting each individual greeting card or art print you sell in your shop - even if it is the same exact design - because you're just not sure you'll be able to match that gorgeous original painting color and quality with a digitized and printed reproduction.
- Feeling stuck in your business, because in order to truly grow - you need to be able to print your designs or offer them digitally. All you're comfortable offering right now are original paintings, but you can only take on a few of those each month - and you're not sure if your business will be able to survive that slow growth.
MAYBE YOU'RE ALSO...
- Desperately wanting a consistent artistic growth plan from the very basics all the way through designing and printing products for sale?
- Thinking you don't even have time to add one more thing to your list, even if you know it will move your big dreams forward?
- Spending hours scrolling through Youtube tutorials attempting to piece together lessons for yourself, only to come up short from what you need to learn?
- Staring at a blank piece of paper trying with all your might to decide what to paint (come ooooon brilliant ideas, pop into my head already!), letting that lack of inspiration block you from ever beginning?
- Feeling paralyzed when you walk into the art store from all the things? Standing in the watercolor section just staring at all the supplies, then leaving empty handed because it was WAY too overwhelming! So. Many. Brushes
Wishing someone would just give you the permission to start?
IMAGINE WHAT IT WOULD BE LIKE...
to become a confident artist.
and become a profitable business owner, too.
to finally turn your designs into stunning shop products.
to have an online community of talented & friendly artistic peers.
to learn watercolor at home. with a glass of wine... on your own time.
DON'T THINK THAT'S POSSIBLE?
well don't take it from me, hear what sjm art school students have to say!
REAL STUDENT WORK
you could paint, calligraph, and digitize like this, too!
WHETHER THIS IS YOUR FIRST TIME PICKING UP A PAINTBRUSH...
Or you're wanting to (quite literally) brush up on your technique before diving into more advanced courses...
The 4 courses in the SJM Art School will provide you with a strong watercolor foundation so you can feel confident mastering the ins-and-outs of this beautiful & relaxing art form!
SO, WHAT IS THE SJM ART SCHOOL?
it's an online artistic classroom for budding artists to learn artistic fundamentals & advanced techniques in a fun, yet-relaxed environment.
It's lifetime access to go-at-your-own-pace courses with an online community and step-by-step PDF worksheets and homework.
it's your next step toward becoming an artist. and a confident one at that!
READY TO BECOME A STUDENT?
all 4 courses for
one payment of $657
start all 4 courses today for just $157
start all 4 courses today for just $67
ENROLL IN THE INDIVIDUAL CLASSES
ENROLL FOR $117
ENROLL FOR $147
ENROLL FOR $147
ENROLL FOR $397 OR $97/MO. FOR 5 MONTHS
THE FOUR CORE COURSES
HERE'S A GLIMPSE
INTO WHAT YOU'LL LEARN TO paint, calligraph, and Digitize!
THE VECTORIZING MASTER CLASS
All students who enroll in the SJM Art School Semester Bundle today through September 5 at 11:59pm EST* will not only receive all of the incredible 4 core courses and their amazing bonuses...
But you'll also receive a NEW bonus:
My image trace formula for easily vectorizing calligraphy & line art designs!
The bonus isn't just the formula - it will be a master class video where I walk you through all the steps I take to easily & cleanly vectorize my designs for use on designs like letterpress or foil stationery & products!
WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN DIGITIZING & VECTORIZING?
*After September 5, this bonus will no longer be free - it will become a separate master class available for sale!
YOUR BONUSES INCLUDE:
- 15 Bonus Video Lessons Per Course: So you can continue learning with practice prompts - so you'll build a habit instead of giving up!! (I hesitate to even call these bonuses, because they're just as valuable as the full course videos - don't skip watching these!)
- Bonus PDFs & Guides: So you can complement your video lesson education with written content (because I know each student learns differently!)
- A Digital Swag Bag: With coupons from some of my favorite brands (think: contracts for creatives, styled stock photos, my digital printing company, etc.)
- Printing & Production Partners Guide ($137 value!): So you can confidently send your digitized designs to print, using the same exact vendors I trust & use! *Only for the Semester Bundle and Digitizing Watercolors class*
- Online Community: So you can have accountability, share your progress, and get feedback from your friendly artistic peers! #newbesties!
ALTHOUGH THESE ARE ONLINE COURSES...
YOU WON'T HAVE TO GO THROUGH THEM ALONE
I know how scary it can feel to learn a new art form on your own. And I of course want to make your learning process as fun and comfortable as possible! That's why you'll be hearing from me personally through email check-ins so I can make sure you're keeping up with your lessons & homework!
Our Facebook community is also SO much fun! We have weekly prompts, so you can share your progress and get feedback from your friendly artistic peers!
IT'S TIME TO INVEST IN YOUR
EACH COURSE INCLUDES:
- Between 1.5 hours (for Intro to Watercolor) and 10+ hours (for Digitizing Watercolors) of video lessons (in perfect bite-sized lessons!)
- Fun homework from each lesson to put your skills to use, plus course projects so you can then show off your new artistic talent to loved ones & potential customers!
- 15 additional bonus video lessons per course with additional design techniques so you can confidently build your own digitizing style
- 7+ ah-mazing bonus pdfs & guides so you can complement your video lesson education with written content (because I know each student learns differently!)
- A Facebook group of likeminded artist friends so you can have a supportive community & share your progress!
- A complimentary copy of the (best selling!) Printing & Production Partners Guide (a $137 value!!) *Only for the Semester Bundle and Digitizing Watercolors course.
- Surprise bonuses (I don't want to give everything away!)
SO FRIEND, ARE YOU READY?
YESSS, I WANT TO BECOME AN ARTIST NOW!
YOU'VE GOT A FEW FUN OPTIONS!
select one course below,
or as many as you'd like.
interested in all 4 courses?
definitely check out the semester bundle!
and payment plans?
oh yea - you can have those, too ;)
& PAYMENT PLAN OPTIONS
(GET ONE CLASS FREE WITH THE BUNDLE!)
I know, I know - too good to be true? Can you really get a course for free? Yup. I know investing in your artistic education is a huge deal! So if you're ready to sign up for all four courses at once, I want to give you a fun treat.
Save the cost of one full course by enrolling in the Semester bundle, or enroll with a payment plan to help with your education budget. Because I truly believe that becoming an artist should be attainable!
ENROLL IN THE INDIVIDUAL CLASSES
ENROLL FOR $117
ENROLL FOR $147
ENROLL FOR $147
ENROLL FOR $397 OR $97/MO. FOR 5 MONTHS
AN INVESTMENT YOU CAN FEEL GOOD ABOUT.
a portion of all courses will be donated to uga miracle! (click here to learn more)
my sister is a uga student, and is passionately involved in this organization, striving to help as many kids as possible.
it's her goal to raise $3,000 to donate, and i know we can help her reach it and bless the lives of so many children!
LAST YEAR WE RAISED: OVER $500
FOR THE UGA MIRACLE - FOR THE KIDS!!
AND $2,000 FOR HURRICANE HARVEY!
YOUR ENROLLMENT MAKES A DIFFERENCE.
- FAQ -
I'VE GOT ANSWERS!
- When will I get access to the course content? All of the core lessons will be available as soon as you sign up! All 15 bonus videos are also already available for you to watch and practice, and I will send you a weekly email each Friday during our bonus series to walk alongside you during your continued education.
- Do I have lifetime access to the class? Yes, of course! You have lifetime access to any of the SJM Art School classes you enroll in - plus you'll get lifetime updates to the classes if I update anything!
- What if I've LITERALLY never held a paintbrush?! Friend, that's okay!! I'd recommend taking the intro courses first, and then progressing in your artistic education by taking the intermediate courses (like Watercolor Florals), then advancing to the business-level Digitizing Watercolors course after you're comfortable with actually painting! That's why the Semester Bundle is so great, it walks you throughout your artistic education in a natural, strategic progression from the basics to advanced techniques - making sure the beginning lessons provide you with ALL of the knowledge you need before moving forward!
- Do I have to take all 4 courses? Nope! Take 1 course, 2 courses, 3 courses, or all 4 - I want you to have the option to take whichever classes will best guide you along your artistic journey! But if there are 3 that you have your eye on, I suggest grabbing the Semester Bundle, as you'll get 1 class free that way :)
- Do I have to take the Intro to Watercolor course before taking the other 3 courses? Nope! I love recommending the Intro to Watercolor course to give you a beautiful understanding of our artistic medium. However, if you're simply interested in Brush Calligraphy or Watercolor Florals, simply enroll in one (or both!) of those courses! I'll teach you the basics of how to use your supplies, so you're all set for everything you need to know to start calligraphing & painting flowers (no previous experience required!). I do however recommend that you definitely have a grasp on watercolors before taking the Digitizing Watercolors course (which is why the Semester Bundle is so great!)
- Do I have to have a business to take these courses? Nope, but it's a GREAT way to help you build a business! These four courses will literally guide you through getting comfortable with the basics of watercolor all the way to creating print and web ready files for you to sell in your shop and provide to clients!
- Do I get your Printing & Production Partners Guide with any of these courses? Yep!!! The (best selling) Printing & Production Partners Guide (aka, my exact list of vendors I love to use) is included complementary with your enrollment of the Digitizing Watercolors course, and the Semester Bundle. And before you ask - yep, it's included if you choose the payment plan options for either of those, too!
- How long will it take me to complete the courses? The courses are broken into bite-sized lessons, and the four courses range from 1.5 hours (Intro to Watercolor) to 10 hours (Digitizing Watercolors). However, I recommend watching each lesson as many times as it takes for you to feel comfortable and confident in that new skill, before moving onto the next lesson!
- Do I have to live in the USA to be a student? Nope! We have lots of amazing international students - from Australia, England, Canada, and more! That's the perk of online courses :)
- Do you offer any refunds? Yup! If you take the course within 30 days of enrolling, practice each lesson and show me your homework - and I don't see any improvement in your watercolors skills, I'll give you a full refund! Risk-free choice, my friend!
- Can I gift a class to a friend/family member? Of course! You can purchase SJM Art School gift cards here.
OH GOSH, I FORGOT MY MANNERS!!
HEY Y'ALL, I'M JESSICA!
AND I'LL BE YOUR TEACHER!
I'm an artist for sweethearts, and an educator for artists. And the best news? I'm a self-taught artist, so I know exactly what you're going through! I help budding artists like you build their creative confidence through comprehensive yet simple step-by-step classes. And I'm all about learning with a cup of coffee in the morning or a glass of wine at night!
Over the past 5 years, I've taught over 500 students through in-person watercolor workshops. I LOVE teaching in-person, but know that not everyone can travel to be in the cities where I host my workshops! Which is why I'm SO excited to bring the SJM Art School online, so you can take the classes from the comfort of your home - whether that's a hop skip and a jump away in another Texas city, or all the way in Australia!
I've built my business on watercolor. But it wasn't always that way. I started my career as an assistant to a (super super sweet!) wedding planner. While my job was visually creative, I craved the opportunity to make more with my hands. With paint. So when my (now hubby, Zack!) popped the question and asked me to move from Nashville to Knoxville, I took the leap to create a full-time business and a life I adore that's fueled by art and love. And I haven't looked back since.
So whether you're craving a job change to something more creative and hands-on, want to enhance your current creative business by adding watercolor to your products or services, or simply need guidance getting started with watercolor, the SJM Art School will provide you with the education, confidence, and community you deserve!