Pamplemousse Frosé Recipe
While yesterday was the Fourth of July, there are still plenty of reasons to celebrate even though the holiday is over. Most importantly: it's summertime, and summer weekends call for pool parties and long brunches!
If you're planning a brunch or party this weekend, consider this Pamplemousse Frosé your go-to festive drink! Because truthfully, who doesn't like frosé? This recipe will take a little bit of pre-planning since you'll need to freeze it for a few hours, so I recommend making it the day before you plan to serve it (or the morning of if you're hosting an afternoon soirée!).
PS - who else flipped the page of their 2018 Cocktail Calendar this week? If so, let's toast each other with a virtual cocktail hour today to celebrate!
for the margaritas:
- 1 bottle of Rosé
- 3/4 cup of pink grapefruit juice OR 3 full grapefruits if you'd prefer to squeeze your own fresh grapefruit juice!
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 2 sprigs of rosemary loosely chopped to open up the aromas (plus extra for garnish!)
for the rosemary simple syrup
- Add the water, sugar, and 2 chopped sprigs of rosemary to a saucepan (over medium-low heat).
- Bring to a simmer, whisking as it heats to a simmer. Stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Turn off the heat and let the simple syrup cool to room temperature. After 30 minutes, remove the rosemary, and let it cool completely. (The simple syrup can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator in a sealed container for up to one week.)
for the pamplemousse frosé
- Mix together the cooled rosemary simple syrup, rosé, and grapefruit juice. Once mixed, pour the concoction into a 9x13 pan.
- *Optional: add a few grapefruit slices to the pan for pretty presentation once it's frozen!
- Freeze for about 4-6 hours, to allow the rosé to turn into frosé :)
- When you're ready to serve, scoop the frosé into glasses.
- Garnish with a wedge of grapefruit and a sprig of rosemary, and enjoy!
BRUNCH PAIRING SUGGESTION
I love brunch pairings that truly go together - like this pamplemousse frosé and a rosemary grapefruit cake! This cake from Flour and Fleur looks incredible, as does this one from Desserts for Breakfast!
photo by sc stockshop
2018 cocktail calendar
If you love brunch cocktails as much as I do, you are going to LOVE the 2018 Cocktail Calendar!! (PS - there's only ONE left in stock!)
Each month of this brunch inspired 2018 Cocktail Calendar features a different illustrated cocktail that is perfectly fitting for that month and season.
I will post the recipe for each month's cocktail here on my blog the first Thursday of every month, giving you plenty of time to incorporate the drink into any brunches you are hostessing or attending!
If you try this recipe or display your July calendar design in your home, I'd love to see! Share on Instagram with the hashtag #sjmcocktails and tag me @simplyjessicamarie so I can follow along and share your photo on my page/stories, too!