Earl Grey French 75 Cocktail Recipe
Hooray, it's the first cocktail recipe post of 2018!! The 2018 Cocktail Calendar was inspired by my all-time favorite type of cocktails: brunch cocktails. The kind that turn Saturday and Sunday mornings into long afternoons gabbing with your best friends - you know what I'm talking about!
I wanted to set the tone for the 2018 cocktails with one that is both festive yet relaxing. One that welcomes the new year with as much excitement as it does balance, if you will. What is it? An Earl Grey French 75! And y'all, I cannot waaaait to try it out this month!
earl grey french 75
- 1 ounce of your gin of choice
- 1/2 a lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon of Earl Grey honey simple syrup (see recipe below!)
- 3 ounces of champagne
- a lemon slice or twist for garnish
EARL GREY SIMPLE SYRUP INGREDIENTS
- 1 cup of brewed Earl Grey tea
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/2 - 1 tablespoon of honey (depending on your preferred sweetness)
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine your Earl Grey tea, sugar, and honey. Let them boil until the sugar dissolves and the honey has melted into the water (whisking the mixture will help!). Strain the mixture, and let it cool.
- Combine your gin, lemon juice, Earl Grey simply syrup, and ice into a cocktail shaker.
- Shake your concoction (for about 20 seconds), and strain into your favorite champagne flute.
- Top it off with champagne, and garnish with a lemon wedge or twist. Enjoy immediately!
BRUNCH PAIRING SUGGESTION
The Earl Grey French 75 would be perfect paired with lavender macarons!
photo by sc stockshop
2018 cocktail calendar
If you love brunch cocktails as much as I do, you are going to LOVE the 2018 Cocktail Calendar!!
Each month of this brunch inspired 2018 Cocktail Calendar features a different illustrated cocktail that is perfectly fitting for that month and season.
I will post the recipe for each month's cocktail here on my blog the first Thursday of every month, giving you plenty of time to incorporate the drink into any brunches you are hostessing or attending!
If you try this recipe or display your January calendar design in your home, I'd love to see! Share on Instagram with the hashtag #sjmcocktails and tag me @simplyjessicamarie so I can follow along and share your photo on my page/stories, too!