Classic Bloody Mary Recipe
Phew, did January fly by for anyone else? Luckily, mine did because it was full of a lot of fun activities, weekends off, and exciting design projects. I decided to take a little blogging hiatus last month, and I'm looking forward to getting back in the swing of regular blogging this month!
And of course, the first monthly post is going to be this month's cocktail recipe! The February cocktail from the 2018 Cocktail Calendar is a classic Bloody Mary. A cocktail that is festively red for everyone who is planning a Valentine's brunch, but not too in-your-face pink or red (although I'm all for that, too!).
Truth be told: the Bloody Mary and I have never been best friends. I've always wanted to like them, but I'm more of a mimosa girl myself! But for all you Bloody Mary lovers out there - grab all your favorite toppings from the list below and stock your bar for the month!
classic bloody mary
- 2 ounces of your vodka of choice
- 4 ounces of Zing Zang Bloody Mary Mix (you could absolutely mix your own - but this is Zack's absolute favorite mix!)
- a dash of worcestershire
- a dash of hot sauce
- lemon juice, to taste
- lemon pepper
- optional garnishes: stuffed green olives, bacon, celery, shrimp, lemon wedges, cheese cubes, pickled okra, and basically anything you personally love and would like to add :) Go wild!
- Wet the rim of your glass, and dip it into the lemon pepper. (Regular salt or celery salt would also be fun!)
- Combine your vodka, Zing Zang mix, worcestershire, hot sauce, and lemon juice into a cocktail shaker.
- Shake your concoction (for about 20 seconds), and strain into your glass over ice.
- Top it off with allll of your garnishes - I recommend adding them to skewers for easy snacking! Enjoy immediately!
BRUNCH PAIRING SUGGESTION
A good Bloody Mary can truly be brunch in and of itself sometimes! But, brunch is all about lots of good food - so I recommend pairing it with chicken and waffles. The savory chicken paired with that sweet waffle will balance beautifully with your Bloody Mary!
photo by sc stockshop
2018 cocktail calendar
If you love brunch cocktails as much as I do, you are going to LOVE the 2018 Cocktail Calendar!!
Each month of this brunch inspired 2018 Cocktail Calendar features a different illustrated cocktail that is perfectly fitting for that month and season.
I will post the recipe for each month's cocktail here on my blog the first Thursday of every month, giving you plenty of time to incorporate the drink into any brunches you are hostessing or attending!
If you try this recipe or display your February calendar design in your home, I'd love to see! Share on Instagram with the hashtag #sjmcocktails and tag me @simplyjessicamarie so I can follow along and share your photo on my page/stories, too!