Exactly one month from today, I will be turning 25! This is such a fun milestone birthday year, and I wanted to do something equally as exciting to get ready for it. I know most people do their 25 before 25 bucket lists over the course of a year, but being a procrastinator at heart - saving everything for the last month before my birthday will truly help me to get everything accomplished!
cheers to love and adventure print | available in the sjm lifestyle shop
The following list is my personal 25 before 25 bucket list. Most of these things I have never done before, and some of them I simply haven't done in a while and would like to get back into the habit of doing. Some things are simple, and some are a little bit more complex. I think it's important to find that balance, because after all this should be challenging, but a fun challenge - not something that will add stress to my life!
1. Make an apple pie from scratch
2. Read an actual book instead of listening to the audible version (book advice is highly welcomed!!)
3. Finally finish decorating my studio
4. Get a house plant and actually keep it alive
5. Raise $5,000 for charity
6. Learn how to play chess
7. Start a vacation fund - prep for our hopeful trip to Ireland next year!
8. Go a full day without social media
9. Write handwritten letters to my best friends
10. Open a joint checking account
11. Treat myself to a massage/treat yourself day
12. Beat Zack at putt putt
13. Go line dancing
14. Start a 401k
15. Get my inbox at 0 and keep it that way
16. Finish creating my calligraphy font
17. Get up early once a week to watch the sunrise with coffee on our porch
18. Cook dinner for Zack and eat outside watching the sun set and stars come out
19. Go on a picnic date!
20. Do 10 random acts of kindness
21. Get coffee with a local creative I haven't gotten to know well yet
22. Finally write the blog post sharing my personal story
23. Write in our journal at least once a week
24. Reach out to Anthropologie about teaching a workshop in their store
25. Make a fall wreath for our front door
I'll post an update each Friday with my progress from the week, along with photos for each task/goal! It's going to be so much fun to look back through these posts as I grow older, I love that idea and that part of the bucket list concept!
Have you created a bucket list before? Were you successful at checking off all of your goals? What helped you, or what set you back? I'd love to know!