Happy Cinco de Mayo, loves!! Do you have any fun plans for this evening? If you are still searching for the perfect festive margarita to celebrate tonight, look no further! This watermelon basil margarita is simple to make, and is absolutely perfect for Spring and Summer!
makes: 4 margaritas
- 1 cup of silver tequila
- 9 cups of watermelon dices
- 1/2 cup of fresh lime juice
- 1/3 cup of triple sec
- 1/4 cup of simple syrup
- lime slices and fresh basil for garnish
- optional: coarse salt for rimming the glass
- Blend your watermelon dices until smooth. This should produce 3 cups of watermelon juice.
- Combine the 3 cups of watermelon juice with your tequila, lime juice, triple sec, and simple syrup. Stir until blended.
- If you are rimming your glass, dip the rim in additional simple syrup, then in your coarse salt.
- Garnish with a few lime wedges as well as a few basil leaves per margarita, and enjoy!
See how easy that is? There's no excuse not to make one tonight! It would be perfect for a girl's night before heading to your favorite Mexican restaurant!
If you make this recipe, I'd love to see how it turns out for you! Feel free to share a photo on Instagram and use #sjmcocktails so I can follow along!