It's almost time for the most exciting two minutes in sports! Of course, I'm speaking about the Kentucky Derby. What better way to prepare for this wonderful sporting event than to don your most darling pastel dress (my go-to choice is Lilly Pulitzer) and your biggest floppy hat, and concoct the only cocktail fitting for the Kentucky Derby: a Mint Julep.
- 1 teaspoon of powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons of water
- 2 oz. Bourbon whiskey
- 4 mint leaves, plus 2 additional for garnish
- In a tall glass, muddle the sugar, mint and water
- Fill your glass with a good handful of ice cubes
- Add Bourbon
- Stir well until you notice that the glass is frosted
- Pour into your Mint Julep glass and garnish with 1 or 2 mint sprigs
How will you be celebrating the Kentucky Derby this year? Will you be attending the races, or watching from home at a backyard garden party? I'm thinking of doing the latter! Either way, hopefully you'll be sipping on a Mint Julep while you're there!
Love the monthly calendar in the picture above? My crisp white 2015 Cocktail Calendars have all sold out, but you can still purchase a luxurious cream calendar while limited quantities last!