Happy February! Can you believe that a month has already come and gone this year? January was so wonderful, and I cannot wait to see what this month brings!
To start off the month on a fun and fancy foot, I'm sharing my recipe for a watermelon martini. It is the perfect cocktail recipe for Valentine's Day, and for any parties you are attending this month.
- 1 oz citrus vodka
- 1 oz Midori melon liqueur
- 0.5 oz fresh lemon juice
- 2 oz fresh watermelon juice
- sugar for garnish
- watermelon square or slice for garnish
- Wet the rim of your martini glass, and dip it onto a plate of sugar to create the sugar rim
- Add ice to your cocktail shaker
- Pour your vodka, Midori, lemon juice, and watermelon juice into your shaker, and shake well until mixed
- Test for flavor and color. The Midori is a vibrant green color, so add more watermelon juice as needed until it becomes a vibrant melon color
- Garnish with a watermelon square, and serve immediately!
I hope you use this recipe at some of your parties this month! If you do make this Watermelon, make sure to share about it on social media and tag @simplyjessicamarie and #sjmcocktails - I'd love to see your creations!
Also, if you are looking for a fun 2015 calendar, I still have a handful of crisp white and luxurious cream 2015 Cocktail Calendars, and I would love for them to have a home in your office! You can shop for the calendar here.