French 75 Cocktail Recipe
Happy New Year y'all! Today is the first day of 2015, which means it is the start of a year filled with exciting things. New friends to make, new art to create, new cities to visit, and new recipes to try!
I'm so thrilled to be sharing the very first cocktail recipe from my 2015 Cocktail Calendar with you today: my take on a French 75!
- 0.5 oz fresh lemon juice
- 0.5 oz simply syrup (one part sugar, one part water)
- 1 oz gin or cognac (I used Seagram's lime twisted gin for an extra splash of citrus!)
- 3 oz champagne
- garnish with a slice of lemon
- Chill your champagne flute in the freezer for 30 minutes
- Add champagne to your champagne flute
- In a cocktail shaker, combine lemon juice, simple syrup and gin
- Add ice and shake for about 20 seconds
- Strain mixture into your champagne flute
- Garnish your cocktail with a lemon slice and serve immediately!
I hope you use this recipe at some of your parties in 2015! If you do make this French 75, make sure to share about it on social media and tag @simplyjessicamarie and #sjmcocktails - I'd love to see your creations!
Also, if you are looking for a fun 2015 calendar, I still have a handful of crisp white and luxurious cream 2015 Cocktail Calendars, and I would love for them to have a home in your office! You can shop for the calendar here.
Happy 2015 y'all!