One of the best parts about winter is hot chocolate. It warms my heart and makes me feel like a kid again every time I drink a cup. I love loading my hot chocolate with marshmallows, and this year I wanted to get creative with how to do so. Pinterest inspired me once again, and I decided to create these DIY marshmallow drink stirrers to accompany my hot chocolate!
DIY Marshmallow Drink Stirrers
For this DIY project, you will need:
- One bag of large sized Jet-Puffed marshmallows
- One bag of chocolate chips, for melting
- Sprinkles of your choice- I chose white nonpareils
- Red and white (or your choice of color) striped paper straws
- Begin melting your chocolate either in the microwave for 30 second increments of time until it is melted, or in a double boiler until it is melted. At this time, also pour your sprinkles into a small bowl so that they completely cover the bottom of the bowl.
- While the chocolate is melting, place your desired number of marshmallows on a baking sheet and insert a striped straw into the middle of each marshmallow.
- Once the chocolate is completely melted, dip the marshmallows one at a time into the chocolate. You should dip the marshmallow about 1/3 of the way into the chocolate.
- Dip the chocolate covered marshmallow into the sprinkles and transfer the marshmallow back onto the baking sheet to dry.
Once cooled and dry, place the stirrer into your hot chocolate and enjoy!
Since I made these marshmallow drink stirrers over my Christmas break, I got to share them with my family. My cousin Anna Maria loved them the most. Isn't she adorable? I loved taking this mini photo shoot of her enjoying her hot chocolate with breakfast!
I hope y'all enjoy this fun DIY project- let me know if you decide to recreate it!