All summer, my mom has been asking me to create things for her so she can decorate her office at work. I've been meaning to do so for a while now, and finally got around to one of the items on her wish list tonight!
Last year, I made these flowers in mason jars to accompany the "home is where you are" signs I crafted. As soon as I sent my mom this photo, she said she wanted some for herself. So, that's what I decided to make today.
They're very simple- they just require a few supplies and steps:
- 2 Ball mason jars (found at Walmart)
- 4 fake flowers of your choice (found at Michaels)
- A roll of twine (found at Walmart)
- Scissors (found at Target; not pictured)
- Take the lids off of the mason jars so that there is an opening at the top, but screw the metal rim back on.
- Cut the flowers to your desired height. I used regular scissors to cut my fake flowers, but wire cutters would be preferable. You can cut them with regular scissors, it just takes longer.
- Arrange the flowers in the mason jars. I prefer to keep similar colors in the same jar, so I put the two white flowers in one jar and the two pink flowers in the other.
- Cut about 3-4 feet of the twine and wrap it around the mason jar. Tie it into a bow and cut off any excess twine, and you're good to go!
Ta-da! The final project. Easy, peasy and they look great. You could also spray paint the jars if you'd like, but I like leaving them as-is. I hope mom enjoys them when she walks downstairs in the morning and sees them on the table since I finished making them after she went to bed!
I'm going to be crafting quite a bit over the next few days as I finish decorating my own apartment, so I'll make sure to post any DIY projects that I create.