learn artistic fundamentals and advanced techniques in a fun, yet relaxed environment
AKA, at home. with a glass of rosé.
it’s time to stop feeling like you’re not an artist...
and learn the foundational tips and tricks so you can proudly hang your artwork in your home (and even add it to your shop!)
you probably love watercolor in all forms, but are thinking...
"there's just no way, i'm not that confident! who am i to think i can design like that?!"
let me take a guess...are you currently:
- Desperately wanting a consistent artistic growth plan from the very basics all the way through designing and printing products for sale?
- Thinking, “I’m not creative! I don’t have the time to try to being creative! You’re going to laugh at me — I shouldn’t try because it’s not worth it.”?
- Feeling paralyzed when you walk into the art store from all the things? Standing in the watercolor section just staring at all the supplies, then leaving empty handed because it was WAY too overwhelming! So. Many. Brushes.
- Spending hours scrolling through Pinterest tutorials & Insta videos attempting to piece together lessons for yourself, only to come up short from what you need to learn?
- Staring at a blank piece of paper trying with all your might to decide what to paint (come ooooon brilliant ideas, pop into my head already!), letting that lack of inspiration block you from ever beginning?
- Wishing someone would just give you the permission to start?
imagine what it would be like...
to feel confident.
to finally find your artistic style & voice.
to feel like you're recognizable in your own right.
to have an online community of friendly artistic peers.
to learn watercolor at home. with a glass of wine. on your own time.
don't think that's possible?
don't take it from me,
hear what SJM Art School students
have to say!
whether this is your first time picking up a paintbrush, or you're wanting to (quite literally) brush up on your technique...
the 4 courses in the sjm art school will provide you with a strong watercolor foundation so you can feel confident mastering the ins-and-outs of this beautiful & relaxing art form!
first things first,
what's the sjm art school?
it's an online artistic classroom for budding artists to learn artistic fundamentals & advanced techniques in a fun, yet-relaxed environment.
It's lifetime access to go-at-your-own-pace courses with an online community and step-by-step PDF worksheets and homework.
it's your next step toward becoming an artist. and a confident one at that!
it encourages you to...
eager to enroll?
all 4 courses for
one payment of $657
start today for just $157!
4 payments of $157 will follow
NEW option - this weekend only!!!
start all 4 courses today for just $67!
11 payments of $67 will follow
curious about what's included
in each of the 4 courses?
keep reading below to find out more!
and deeeefinitely click on those fun "learn more" buttons for each course!
The Intro to Watercolor course will provide you with a strong watercolor foundation so you can feel confident mastering the basics of this beautiful & relaxing art form! It's perfect for beginners, and even for kiddos!
The Watercolor Florals course will provide you with a strong grasp on the basics of watercolor, and teach you how to grow as an artist by mastering advanced painting techniques in a step-by-step easy to follow process! Regardless of your skill level.
The Intro to Brush Calligraphy course will provide you with a strong grasp on the basics of calligraphy, allow you to master the upper & lowercase alphabet, and confidently connect letters to make words & phrases!
The Digitizing Watercolors course will provide you with my step-by-step process to create high-quality, crisp watercolor designs that accurately match your original paintings & brush calligraphy. Designs you're confident to share and sell!
although these are online courses...
you won't have to go through them alone
I know how scary it can feel to learn a new art form on your own. And I of course want to make your learning process as fun and comfortable as possible! That's why you'll be hearing from me personally through email check-ins so I can make sure you're keeping up with your lessons & homework!
Our Facebook community is also going to be SO much fun! We'll have weekly prompts, so you can share your progress and get feedback from your friendly artistic peers!
it's time to invest in your
each course includes:
- between 1.5 (for intro!) and 10 (for digitizing!)hours
of video lessons (in perfect bite-sized lessons!)
- fun homework from each lesson to put your skills to use,
plus course projects so you can then show off your
new artistic talent to loved ones!
- 15 additional bonus video lessons with practice prompts
so you can confidently continue your watercolor journey
- 7+ ah-mazing bonus PDFs & guides so you can complement
your video lesson education with written content
(because i know each student learns differently!)
- a facebook group of likeminded artist friends so you can
have a supportive community & share your progress!
- surprise bonuses (i don't want to give everything away!)
yesss, jessica - i want to become an artist now!
you've got a few fun options!
select one course below, or as many as you'd like.
interested in all 4 courses? definitely check out the semester bundle!
and payment plans? oh yea - you can have those, too ;)
intro to watercolor
digitizing watercolors payment plan
Investing in the Digitizing Watercolors course is a big exciting leap. It means you're going to turn your love of art into a profitable, scalable business. But I know that any educational investment can be scary. If you need a little friendly help, I'm here for you.
Rather than paying $397 upfront, you can begin the Digitizing Watercolors Course today for just $97!
digitizing payment plan = 5 monthly payments of $97
yes, you can start for less than $100!
begin digitizing watercolors for just $97
hold on a sec...
want to get one class for free?
get the sjm art school semester bundle.
I know, I know - too good to be true? Can you really get a course for free? Yup. I know investing in your artistic education is a huge deal! So if you're ready to sign up for all four courses at once, I want to give you a fun treat.
Rather than paying the full price for the four courses
($117 + $147 + $147 + $397 = $808)
I'm offering the semester as a bundle for just $657!!!
that's $151 in savings. aka, one class = free!
enroll in the full semester for $657
NEED A semester PAYMENT PLAN? here ya go!
Investing in the entire SJM Art School Semester is a big exciting leap - even if you are getting one course for free! If you need a little friendly help, I'm here for you.
Rather than paying $657 upfront, you can begin all four courses of the SJM Art School for just $157!
payment plan = 5 monthly payments of $157
yes, for all 4 courses!
begin the full semester for just $157
new extended payment plan option!!!
This weekend only, I'm extending a new payment plan option for y'all to make enrolling in these four core courses even more accessible! Because I don't want money to be the thing that holds you back from your education, friend!!
Rather than paying $657 upfront, you can begin all four courses of the SJM Art School for just $67!
extended payment plan = 12 monthly payments of $67
yes, still for all 4 courses!
begin the full semester for just $67
art school enrollment ends
on september 10 at midnight est
An investment you can feel good about.
10% of all full-priced courses will be donated to Hurricane harvey disaster relief efforts!
texas is my new home, and thousands in southeast texas have lost their home to this devastating hurricane.
it's my goal to raise $5,000 to donate, and i am so thankful for your help with that!
so far we've raised: over $1,275
for hurricane harvey disaster relief!!
I've got answers!
- When will I get access to the course content? All of the core lessons will be available as soon as you sign up! I want you to focus on learning the core lessons first, so your bonuses will be sent to you throughout the month of September, to give you 2-3 weeks to really master these basics first! PDF bonuses will be sent 1-2 weeks after enrollment closes, and extra fun bonus videos will be sent 2-3 weeks after course enrollment closes! That way, you constantly have something fun to look forward to learning :)
- Do I have lifetime access to the class? Yes, of course! You have lifetime access to this class (and any of the SJM Art School classes you enroll in) - plus you'll get lifetime updates to the classes if I change anything!
- What if I've LITERALLY never held a paintbrush?! Friend, that's okay!! I'd recommend taking the intro courses first, and then progressing in your artistic education by taking the intermediate courses (like Watercolor Florals), then advancing to the business-level Digitizing Watercolors course after you're comfortable with actually painting!
- Do I have to take all 4 courses? Nope! Take 1 course, 2 courses, 3 courses, or all 4 - I want you to have the option to take whichever classes will best guide you along your artistic journey! But if there are 3 that you have your eye on, I suggest grabbing the Semester Bundle, as you'll get 1 class free that way ;)
- Do I have to take the Intro to Watercolor course before taking the other 3 courses? Nope! I love recommending the Intro to Watercolor course to give you a beautiful understanding of our artistic medium. However, if you're simply interested in brush calligraphy or watercolor florals, simply enroll in one (or both!) of those courses! I'll teach you the basics of how to use your supplies, so you're all set for everything you need to know to start calligraphing & painting flowers (no previous experience required!). I do however recommend that you definitely have a grasp on watercolors before taking the Digitizing Watercolors course (which is why the Semester Bundle is so great!)
- What about my kids - would they like these courses? Yes, yes, yes! Kiddo artists are my absolute favorites!! I love it when mamas send me photos and videos of their kids painting - and the Intro to Watercolor class would make the perfect after-school activity for y'all to go through together!
- Do I have to have a business to take these courses? Nope, but it's a GREAT way to help you build a business! These four courses will literally guide you through getting comfortable with the basics of watercolor all the way to creating print and web ready files for you to sell in your shop and provide to clients!
- Do I get your Printing & Production Partners Guide with any of these courses? Yep!!! The (best selling) Printing & Production Partners Guide (aka, my exact list of vendors I love to use) is included complementary with your enrollment of the Digitizing Watercolors course, and the Semester Bundle. And before you ask - yep, it's included if you choose the payment plan options for either of those, too!
- How long will it take me to complete the course? The courses are broken into bite-sized lessons, and the four courses range from 1.5 hours (Intro to Watercolor) to 10 hours (Digitizing Watercolors). However, I recommend watching each lesson as many times as it takes for you to feel comfortable and confident in that new skill, before rushing onto the next lesson!
- Do you offer any refunds? Yup! If you take the course within 30 days of enrolling, practice each lesson and show me your homework - and I don't see any improvement in your watercolors skills, I'll give you a full refund! Risk-free choice, my friend!
- *Have specific Digitizing Watercolors course questions? Head to the FAQ section of this page to read more about programs/software - and any other questions you might have!
oh gosh, i forgot my manners!!
hey y'all, i'm jessica!
and i'll be your teacher!
I'm an artist for couples, and an educator for artists. And the best news? I'm a self-taught artist, so I know exactly what you're going through! I help budding artists like you build their creative confidence through comprehensive yet simple step-by-step classes. And I'm all about learning with a cup of coffee in the morning or a glass of wine at night!
Over the past 4 years, I've taught over 500 students through in-person watercolor workshops. I LOVE teaching in-person, but know that not everyone can travel to be in the cities where I host my workshops! Which is why I'm SO excited to bring the SJM Art School online, so you can take the classes from the comfort of your home - whether that's a hop skip and a jump away in another Texas city, or all the way in Australia!
I've built my business on watercolor & brush calligraphy. But it wasn't always that way. I started my career as an assistant to a (super super sweet!) wedding planner. While my job was visually creative, I craved the opportunity to make more with my hands. With paint. So when my (now hubby, Zack!) popped the question and asked me to move from Nashville to Knoxville, I took the leap to create a full-time business and a life I adore that's fueled by art and love. And I haven't looked back since.
So whether you're craving a job change to something more creative and hands-on, want to enhance your current creative business by adding brush calligraphy to your products or services, or simply need guidance getting started, the SJM Art School will provide you with the education, confidence, and community you deserve!
will i see you in class this semester?
art school enrollment ends
on september 10 at midnight est
scroll all the way down & need a recap?
i've gotcha, friend! click below for individual course descriptions: