Over the past two days, I showed y'all how to create DIY mugs and hot cocoa cones for a holiday gift. Today, I'm going to show you how to wrap them up in a glittery and affordable way! After searching through Pinterest to find the perfect printable gift tags, I stumbled upon some from the website Grey Likes Weddings. She shared her own technique of gift wrapping (which, I might add is absolutely stunning), and included a link to free printable gift tags from MaeMae Paperie. Visit her website for the free download!
Time: 15-20 minutes
Things You'll Need
- Gift boxes. I fell head over heels for these glitter gift boxes from Target ($5 each)
- Cardstock to print the gift tags
- Scissors to cut the gift tags
- A pen to write on the gift tags. I chose a fun gold pen!
- A ribbon punch, found at your local craft store. I found mine at Michaels
- 2 contrasting ribbons of your choice. I chose red and gold to carry the gold theme throughout the previous DIY projects included in this gift
- Download the pdf of the gift tags
- Print on white cardstock paper
- Cut around the edges of the gift tags. I chose to use two tags per gift, since there were so many fun tags to choose from
- Fill in the "to" and "from" sections of the tag with pen in the color of your choice
- Using your ribbon punch, punch holes in the top of your tags
- String the ribbon through the holes from the back, so you can have the knots or bows show through the front of the tag
- Loop the ribbon from the first tag through the ribbons on the top of the gift boxes
- Loop the ribbon from the second tag through the ribbon of the first tag
- Fill the gift boxes with your mug and hot cocoa (and mini peppermint schnapps as I did, if your recipient is of age!) and close the box
Now, you're ready to give a fun gift to your friends, family, and co-workers! I hope y'all enjoyed my DIY Holiday Series. If you implement any of my ideas, let me know in the comments section below!